Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom

Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom
Talk & Zoom

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

"Solange!"

When someone told me that Solange Knowles was going to be the DJ for our party tonight at Tiffany, I practically fell out of my chair* : “Hoooow cool is thaaaat! She’s so cool we have to meet her!!! This is the perfect opportunity!”

And that’s how we ended up at her place in Brooklyn yesterday, taking a look through her closet, talking design and music (when she asked me if I wanted her to do a special dedication for me for the party, I didn’t know what to tell her – I feel like I’m about to become a lost cause when it comes to music.) and so it was a totally inspirational trip.

The colors and prints she surrounds herself with (in the picture, she’s wearing Marni pants and a vintage blouse), her haircut, and even the way she does her makeup… I’d been following her on her Damn Blog and she didn’t disappoint!
                                                                                                    -Garance Dore


I heart Solange Knowles. She feels like someone I know, like someone you look to for what to wear now. Her vintage spirit permeates everything she does, and a vintage filter on the world makes everything that much better. Her retro, organic, Afrofuturistic, effortless stylegame make her an unlikely inspiration for the mainstream, but an obvious one for the rest. I don't think she gets the credit she deserves for being the breakout fashion maverick of 2011. Can't wait to see more and more and more and more of Ms. Knowles (the one who doesn't take herself so seriously).







Currently doing her rounds at NY Fashion Week, see more of Solange in her photo blog for VOGUE's Today I'm Wearing.

No comments: