Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom

Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom
Talk & Zoom

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Alpha Blondie Comes to Town

Alpha Blondie. He's not the youngest guy in the world, but his youthful spirit shines through in his colourful choice of knitwear.
It was a garden party on a coldish day so I wore this peplum lace dress with a pink blazer.
Rolled out with my usual crew - Sauti Sol & Marek.


Alpha with KikoRomeo designer Ann McCreath

Clearly something very hilarious happened; with my sister Janet.
Marek wears a print shirt by Ankara Vintage.
And we posed it up with the legend Alpha Blondie!

Cololy's designer Hamed Coulibaly with KikoRomeo's Ann McCreath.

Sauti Sol

In deep discussions about future collaborations and loud style.

Our hostess-with-the-mostest Madame Valerie Coulibaly, Honourable Consul of Cote d'Ivoire.
Those glasses. Alpha Blondie has such a magnanimous spirit; made me proud to be an '80s child from Cote'Ivoire.

I'm not exactly a reggae fan, nor was I impressed by the artist's no-show last Friday night as we all waited in a field for a concert that never was. In spite of all the drama, Alpha Blondie is a music legend, hailing from the country I was born in (Cote d'Ivoire), and with a warm face and even warmer heart. We loved meeting him.

All images courtesy of Willis John, and a million thanks to the Cote d'Ivoire in Kenya Association for having us!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have never met the person but i believe they are interestng,i loved the amazing fashion and photos,i like them alot.Check amazing fashion designs in our fashion books at http://www.booksfromus.co.ke/ that are awesome.

Unknown said...

LOVE Alpha ! he represents for my homeland the Ivory Coast !
such a well spirited and talented guy !

http://afrogenik.blogspot.co.uk/