Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom

Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom
Talk & Zoom

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Who Said Fashion & Food Don't Mix?: Taste Awards 2013




The Kenyan foodie honours - the TASTE Awards - are back! My invite is firmly secured, so I can now focus my attention on what’s really important - what I’m going to wear. Likely something with a little give at the waist (there'll be food and a lot of free wine) and a not-too-crazy heel (it’s at Karura Forest). I'm racking my brain about how my outfit can reference food/the decadent life in some way... One must dress to theme!

There’ll be an afterparty of course with the always colourful DJ Cortega, Electrique DJs and The Beat Parade Band, and also some fashion thrown in for good measure – design house KikoRomeo will be awarding the Chef of the Year with a specially designed jacket. KikoRomeo's annual fashion extravanganza FAFA capped last year with some good noise, so it seems fitting that they be involved in what I consider to be the kick-off to this year's social calendar (in Nairobi). 


KikoRomeo 2013. Photography by Nadia Mussani.

It’s a lot to look forward to for a Thursday night.




Click here for details about the TASTE AWARDS and find out more about the Awards' collaboration with KikoRomeo here.

KikoRomeo 2013. Photography by Nadia Mussani.

I'll be posting pictures.


No comments: